question

tomrasdf avatar image
tomrasdf asked

Quattro AC-in-2 has voltage, but disconnected

Looking for guidance on getting my inverters to connect to shore power.

I'm running 2 Quattro 3K inverters configured in split phase for an off-grid RV setup.

I just commissioned the system last week. The Quattros are inverting just fine off of solar/batteries, but I am unable to get connected to shore power through AC-In-2.

When I connect shore power to the AC-In-2 on each inverter, I can see voltage via the Cerbo, but the Active AC Input is reading "Disconnected"

I have AC-In-2 configured to be Shore Power in my system settings. All firmware is up to date (508).

What am I missing?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
cerbo.jpg (60.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Because you also have voltage on AC IN 1, what is connected there?

AC IN 1 has priority over AC IN 2, as long as you have power on AC IN 1 it will not connect to AC IN 2.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image snoobler commented ·

I don't see that AC IN1 or AC IN 2 is shown.

Those are L1 and L2 for 120/240 split phase, not AC IN 1 and AC IN 2.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ snoobler commented ·
Oh, you are correct.

But the important info is one line above AC IN L1 -> Active input

1 Like 1 ·
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

@tomrasdf

Here's mine. What does yours show?

1705041205507.png

What does this say?

Do you have any assistants installed or is virtual switch enabled?

1705041205507.png (22.6 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

tomrasdf avatar image tomrasdf commented ·
The Active AC Input shows "Disconnected".

No assistants installed, and I haven't done any configuration on the virtual switch, so it would be at its default setting (I haven't enabled AC ignore or anything of that nature).

0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image snoobler tomrasdf commented ·

Go into advanced:

Mine:1705070898572.png

Yours?

And is anything connected to AC input 1?

0 Likes 0 ·
1705070898572.png (24.2 KiB)
tomrasdf avatar image tomrasdf snoobler commented ·
Mine is the same.

No connection yet to AC input 1

0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image snoobler tomrasdf commented ·

I'm at a loss.

Check these settings:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

Upgrade firmware?

0 Likes 0 ·
tomrasdf avatar image
tomrasdf answered ·

I'm still experiencing this issue, and despite quite a bit of tinkering have not had any luck getting the AC Input connected. The system shows voltage on L1 and L2, but the Active AC Input still stays Disconnected. This hasn't been an issue over the last few months, as I've been able to run things 100% from solar, but going into the summer months, I will want to be able to connect to shore power.

Anything else I should be looking at or trying? Anyone else running into this issue?

2 |3000