question

Atte Varis avatar image
Atte Varis asked

12/2000/80 Multiplus compact to 24/2000/50

What is differences between those models as they are always priced as same, so I believe hardware must be pretty damn close to eachother.

So the real question is is there any chance to convert my current 12v inverter charger to 24v?

I'm upgrading my system now and would rather go for 24v.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

This question has been asked before and the response from Victron is NO, much of the hardware is different so within reason it can't be done.

I do recommend to go for a higher voltage with your new setup - it will also save you money with various aspects such as the MPPT and all your wiring (since you will be operating at a lower current for the same power).

Your best off selling your existing unit and purchasing the higher voltage unit you want.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Atte Varis avatar image Atte Varis commented ·

Thanks Mark for your answer! I start looking how much people are willing to pay for second hand unit

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ Atte Varis commented ·

No problem.

Victron equipment is known to be of high quality and long lasting - from my experience 2nd hand equipment is still selling for good money.

0 Likes 0 ·