question

David Gould avatar image
David Gould asked

Node red charger control

Hi, Got a system without ESS and want to stop the batteries charging from AC1 but leave AC1 connected to grid using Node Red,

Thanks

Dave

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerNode-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@David Gould

This is what solar wind priority does. Is there a reason why you are not using it? Unit to old so it is a firmware issue?

One way is ve config and disable the charger.

The one I have attached has (renewable energy state) a feedback message for checking if it is doing what you want it to do.

You will obviously have to edit the two orange ones for your inverter.

The digital input node was being used with the bulge pump option on a digital input on the GX for charging on demand.

The grey inject nodes are for testing as well.

Sorry if I am over explaining, I don't want to under explain either as I am not sure how comfortable you are with node red.

AC charger control gx.zip

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

David Gould avatar image David Gould commented ·

@Alexandra

Thanks for the information. I'm fairly good with node red, long way from expert!!, The unit i am using is a quattro so it is a bit different but it's given me something to look at. Haven't seen solar wind priority. My system is on the end of a long crappy mains connection and there are two victrons in stand alone on it, had issue which victron sorted but can't usee ess so using node red. I can control it by turning ac off but get alarms and can't use assist mode so was trying to stop ac in charging while allowing the fronius on the output to charge it.

Don't suppose you know where is a list of incoming messages that can be used?

Thanks Dave

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ David Gould commented ·

I feel you on the kuk mains connection. Story of our lives here.

Once the charger is disabled it disables all AC charging. Even from AC PV.

The article for solar wind is here.

Fairly simple to set up.

Not compatible with ESS. In fact it tells you not to use it with ESS.

With the fronius, it is not really an option, since PV assistant parks the PV inverter when grid connects. So that is a different obstacle

0 Likes 0 ·
David Gould avatar image
David Gould answered ·

@Alexandra Thanks for you help, had a good read and as you say, can't use it with my fronius. Cheers Dave

2 |3000