question

wikel avatar image
wikel asked

bmv communication cable default wire order?

I wanted to shorten up the connection for the RJ12 cable to the BMV shunt but I must have the color code wrong because I've got odd values coming out of the BMV. I would rather not remove the power panel to see what the other end looks like in the connector color layout wise.

Does anyone know the default wire map color code (I know it's straight through) for the cable from Victron? The end on the monitor device is the default end and the one going into the shunt is incorrect wire position wise that I tried to redo. I'd just make them the same on both but it's a pain in the rear to remove my RV control panel cover to get to the monitor side connection. Just looking to make the shunt side with the correct wire color layout pin position wise.

Thanks

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Mine is like this:

The order in the picture above is Blue, Orange, Green, Green/White, Orange/White, Blue/White.
I hope that helps.

bmv-cable.jpg (1.7 MiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wikel avatar image wikel commented ·

Thanks! You're a life saver :)

0 Likes 0 ·
wikel avatar image wikel commented ·

Got it fixed up and it's working perfect now. Thanks again for the help.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ wikel commented ·

Wonderful, glad to help.

0 Likes 0 ·