question

arizonasteve avatar image
arizonasteve asked

Victron Blue Energy 100/30 Charge Controller Not Working!

I purchased a Victron Blue Energy 100/30 Charge Controller from Amazon on March 4th and some 100 Watt 12 volt solar panels by Rich Solar and I really just now got it working because UPS broke 2 of the panels and I had to send them back so I've got it all connected and I'm trying it out but the Charge Controller doesn't seem to be working at all!

It doesn't charge the batteries!

The Bluetooth app shows NO current being used from the panels or charging the batteries!

The Charge Controller says it's on Absorption charge but doesn't seem to do anything!

I don't think it works at all!

Any idea what could be wrong?

Does this thing have any fuses or circuit breakers in it that need to be reset? I don't see any on the outside.

battery charging
victron-status.jpg (478.7 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Hi,

4 solar panels? What model?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
arizonasteve avatar image
arizonasteve answered ·

Update: I disconnected the solar panels and batteries and reconnected them to reboot this thing and it's working now but it's quite disconcerting to find out that it has no alarms or error messages or anything to show that it's not working until the batteries run down!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic