question

snug5 avatar image
snug5 asked

700 showing increased volts but not showing being charged thru Alternator

My 700 shows accurate information while charging from shore power but when batteries being charged from alternator the volts jump up to 13.8 but the battery % continues to go down, amps shows negative number.

I must not have the shunt set up correctly. I currently have cable from charger and cable from engine block running to the load side of the shunt.

Any suggestions?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Are you certain that there is absolutely nothing else connected to the battery negative other than the shunt.
Engine block cable and charger cable are correct, but current is managing to bypass the shunt somehow and is not being counted.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snug5 avatar image
snug5 answered ·

My two house batteries are Hooked up in parallel. So I have a cable connecting the two negative posts together. I also have a cable running from the negative of my start battery to the negative of my house battery. Should that start battery negative also run to the shunt instead of to the house battery?

Thank you for your help!

2 |3000

philthy avatar image
philthy answered ·

I have the same issue, it use to work. I had the van in storage for 8month and since I started using the van again this problem has shown up

2 |3000