question

karmino avatar image
karmino asked

Please help, my BMV 712 is showing strange readings

Hi all, I have just fitted a BMV 712 smart in my boat and I’m seeing some strange readings. I didn’t yet disconnect my legacy Xantrex unit which has a shunt a little further along the negative line so I can see the true readings there. 24 volt system, LiFePO4 house bank and a lead acid starter battery. My 712 shows 22 volts on the house bank and 0.2 volts on the starter battery. -720 amps and 15900 watts. All this with virtually full batteries and very little load. A meter on the batteries agrees with the Xantrex monitor. I’ve checked the settings and they seem to be in line with manufacturers spec. There is nothing on the battery side of the shunt and it is correctly orientated. I’ve pulled each cable and reinserted it. I hope the hive mind can help solve this issue.

bmv power consumption
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Dorsett avatar image Mike Dorsett commented ·
sounds like a broken wire in one of the cables. Try pulling it all out(The BMV, shunt and cables) and bench testing it.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic