question

cliff-1 avatar image
cliff-1 asked

BMV-712 Setup Configuration for 24V AGM Battery Bank

I have 2 string of agm 24v(each string is 300 amps) battery, but I only see that they give info for 12v system would like to k now the correct setting for the my system. especially for the tail current and the peukert exponent- if by any chance can anyone send me the setting for 24v agm not 14v

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

There should be no particular setup difference required for a 12V vs 24V or 48V DC system.

You just need to;

- Configure the correct 'charged voltage' for the nominal battery voltage - for a 24V system it should just be 2 x the 12V setting (for solar systems its recommended to set the 'charged voltage' to ~0.2 to 0.4V below the MPPT charger 'absorption voltage'.

- Calculate and configure the correct battery capacity when wiring multiple batteries together - capacity is added for batteries or stings wired in parallel (voltage remains unchanged), voltage is added for batteries wired in series (capacity remains unchanged).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.