question

chris-2 avatar image
chris-2 asked

Is there another way to control an AC coupled inverter other that frequency shift?

Hi there. We have installed an AC / DC coupled system with a Quatro 15, and we have used a fronius 8kw inverter for the AC coupled side of things. The customer has an induction hob that doesn't work whenever the frequency has been shifted to control the Fronius inverter. Do you have any recommendations on how we can get around this? Thank you.

frequency
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Give this a looky...

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ac_coupling:fronius

With fully supported hardware, the Cerbo can throttle the Fronius as opposed to on/off with frequency shift.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
@snoobler Controlling the Fronius via Modus only works on-grid.

Frequency shift is always used in off-grid.

2 Likes 2 ·
snoobler avatar image snoobler Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

A kitchen appliance which does not support a frequency shifting of 2-3Hz is trash. ;-)

Here everything if fine with my Multiplus-II 24/5000 and the Fronius Primo 8.2-1 (8,61kWp throttled to 4,4kW), 1 SmartSolar 150/70 (1,86kWp), 2 SmartSolar 250/100 (2,05kWp each) and 3 table top Induction cooker (2x 2kW and 1x 1,6kW).

1 comment
2 |3000

chris-2 avatar image chris-2 commented ·
Thanks Michelle. What brand of Induction hob to you have? Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@chris@stendyelectrical.co.nz
I use the Aux relay on my MPII to switch my solar PV inverter to 10% in the event of grid failure by using the RRCR (Radio Ripple Control Receiver) connection on my PV inverter. Then the frequency shift function is then a back up as 10% output from my PV array is lower than my base load therefore in theory my PV inverter should never have to stop in a grid failure situation.

1 comment
2 |3000

chris-2 avatar image chris-2 commented ·
Thanks Jason, I'll look into that.
1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic