question

eriko avatar image
eriko asked

3x MP2 & SMA Tripower - Frequency shifting on AC output?

I am new and it is not very clear when I walked through this community for my system configuration:

3x Multiplus-II for 3-phase system
1x Cerbo GX
1x SMA Tripower STP10.0-3AV-40
1x SMA Tripower STP4.0-3AV-40

I assume I have not followed the 1-1 rule for connection those 2 SMA inverters: (3 x 4000W) > (10000W + 4000W). However max PV power will never reach 12000W due to different solar panels positions (east - south). Do you see any issue?

If I put the SMA inverters on AC output 1, it is not clear for me if the frequency shifting for power reduction/off of the inverters is default enabled? If not so, what should I modify in the SMA inverters?

Multiplus-II
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

What size are the multiplus II units.

the incoming solar MUST NOT BE over size of the Multiplus II unit

ie

Phase 1 MP II 5,000 Max solar connected to ac2 out on this phase is not to exceed 5,000

Phase 2 MP II 5,000 Max solar connected to ac2 out on this phase is not to exceed 5,000

Phase 3 MP II 5,000 Max solar connected to ac2 out on this phase is not to exceed 5,000

Total in 3 strings and 3 Grid tie inverters can be 15,000

if only phase 1 and phase 2 have solar connected then each one cant exceed 5,000

I presume that the correct assistants have been installed to all 3 Multiplus II units

the PV MAX must never exceed the size of the inverter its connected to, there is no issue have them bigger but its the actuall output that matters

Note this is a example only

0 Likes 0 ·
eriko avatar image eriko Paul B commented ·

The MPs 48V/5000VA are not installed. I am preparing for it.

I forgot to tell about the SMA Tripower inverters. They are 3-phase inverters. So each phase will have same power output. In this case 3x 3333W and 3x 1333W. It means each phase delivers max 5000W. It is now clear for 1-1 rule that will not be exceeded.

Who can tell me about the SMA settings in the SMA device?

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers