question

himmo avatar image
himmo asked

Multiplus II switching between Inverter and Grid Mode constantly

My Victron Multiplus II is behaving strangely. I couldn't find the same behavior described in another post, so asking here.

It constantly switches back and forth between inverter mode and grid mode. Here is the pattern:

1. Switch to inverter mode - "Inverter" LED lights up

2. After 1 Minute, it switches to grid mode - "Mains" and "Bulk" LEDs light up

3. Immediately "Inverter LED" starts flashing

4. After 20-40 seconds, it changes back to inverter mode and it starts again with 1.

I believe some of the configuration settings may be wrong.

I have installed 3 Multiplus-II devices in 3 phases.

I am grateful for any hints or ideas which config settings could be causing this.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@himmo

You might find that the inverter is grid connecting, the voltage is dropping and then the inverter sees it as unstable or out of range, then disconnects.

This can happen because of weak grid or weak connection to grid.

Guessing here but that would be my first check. you now need to check what the grid settings are and then what the actual grid is doing.

If there is a GX it is fairly easy to see what is happening.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

himmo avatar image
himmo answered ·

Many thanks. The System in connected in line, all loads of the house are connected to Output 1 (critical loads) It says Grid fails sometimes, but this is not the case. Grid is stable here. And not every switch between inverter and grid produces a error message. With a switch I can switch it to parallel (All outputs bypass the Victron System) and it works. Battery gets loaded or is giving energy to my house. Any ideas? Many thanks

2 |3000