question

Mads Bækholm avatar image
Mads Bækholm asked

Quattro 24/8000 low battery error

I have recently set up a new system on a sailboat with a Quattro 24/8000 inverter, everything is working fine except from the fact that once i try and connect my inverter to the my lynx smart BMS system using the VE-bus the Inverter makes a low battery error, even though the battery has plenty of Voltage. My battery pack consist of 4 24,6V Victron 200 Ah batteries.

The whole setup is described in the pdf.

What is going on?

Thanks for your help in advance !

Manual-&-Drawing-Catamaran-setup-Quattro-5kVA-230VAC-24V-Extra-Alternators-&-WS500.pdf

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@Mads Baekholm What is the voltage on the connections on the Quattro? If you are getting excessive volte drop from the batteries to the Quattro, if the voltage is too low it will perceive the battery voltage is low as it might be getting close to the cut off point. Just a suggestion, without knowing the full design of your system.

Im assuming as much as you are getting 'low Battery', the unit continues to operate?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mads Bækholm avatar image
Mads Bækholm answered ·

The Qauttro only makes the fault when i connect it to the Ve Bus system. And it makes the low battery error even though it has 27,5 volt. Once it makes the error it stops inverting.

1 comment
2 |3000

Mads Bækholm avatar image Mads Bækholm commented ·
But thanks for your suggestion
1 Like 1 ·