question

ryan-montgomery avatar image
ryan-montgomery asked

Lithium battery voltage

img-6874.pngHey guys I’ve just put 3 100amp lithium batteries in my caravan but when the batteries drop to 70% the voltage drops too 10.88 volts and it’s cuts out! I’ve got the WMV-712 smart battery monitor and put in the 30amp victron blue smart charger and also a enerdrive dc2dc charger but I can not for the life of me figure out why the voltage is dropping so quickly! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers ryan

battery system voltage
img-6874.png (147.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Batteries ship at about 30% SoC to comply with international hazmat requirements.

Have you charged the batteries until they read 14.4V at the terminals and hold them there for at least 4 hours?

Please post screencaps of your shunt and any charger settings.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
@Ryan Montgomery

Also the BMV defaults to showing 100% SOC on startup. It cannot read the charge of the battery, but calculates it from the currents it measures. Every time it detects fully charged batteries (see the manual) it resynchronises to 100% to correct drift.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic