question

jlaaij avatar image
jlaaij asked

Regulate Grid with ET112 energy meter and loads parallel to MPII inverter + option Dynamic ESS

Hi,

My basic ESS will be:

- Grid

- Energymeter ET112

- All loads connected to grid

- Multiplus II AC-in connected to grid

- PV system ( Hoymiles micro-inverters)

- connected to grid or to MPII AC-out 2 (latter obeying to factor 1.0 rule)

- Battery Pylontech

My questions are:

1. Will I be able to optimize PV and storage/load on/from battery with ET120 on grid '0'?

2. Will I be able to implement Dynamic ESS?

Thanx Jaap

Netherlands

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@jlaaij , in short yes you can. It will never be a perfect 0w in ESS mode as the Multiplus is always trying to match the loads and also manage the solar PV generation into the batteries. The only issue will be if you want to maintain 0w to the grid but your solar PV is generating more than your loads and your batteries are at 100%. The surplus will go to the grid.

The only way to avoid exporting is if you have an interlock between the Multiplus and the solar inverters to stop them or throttle their output when needed to prevent export.

Another thing to note is the ET112 meters have high latency so you will find the Multiplus reacting to late information from the ET112. The result is short periods of export and import, only a second or less but inherently its exporting watts.

Im currently using an ET112 but I have my grid set point set to -30w. This setting covers the slight inaccuracy during low loads on the Multiplus inbuilt CT sensor on the AC-In, and the high latency of the ET112.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jlaaij avatar image
jlaaij answered ·

Hi Jason, Thanks for your clear answer.

Needed to know of AC-IN is in fact IN and OUT at the same time.

I presume it is best to connect the micro-inverters to AC-OUT-2 with factor 1.0 rule?

? To prevent adding up delivering current and distributing current both to/from AC-IN

And ... will the battery be charged in case of either option?

Thanx Jaap

1 comment
2 |3000

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·
@jlaaij AC-in has the CT sensor on that connection. My advice would be to put the solar on the AC-out so you have a simple means on making sure the solar energy does into the batteries when you have surplus generation.

0 Likes 0 ·
jlaaij avatar image
jlaaij answered ·

Hi Jason,

Thanks again.

Any thoughts on possibity for Dynamic ESS with this configuration?

I 've read that one of the requirements is that all loads should be connected to the MPII

Thanx Jaap

1 comment
2 |3000

@jlaaij Yes, DESS should be fine with loads before or after the MPII. If you do have your loads before you'll need to set power assist to 1.0 in VE.Configure (only If you are useing these feature, i believe after reading another post) and set self consumption to 'All system loads'. in the remote console.

1703185536199.png

After that, you then set up your DESS in VRM beta portal.

0 Likes 0 ·
jlaaij avatar image
jlaaij answered ·

Hi Jason,

Thanks yet again.

Are you aware of any versions of the Multiplus coming to the market?

The MPII is on the market since 2018? and there is a big promotion going on till end this year. Makes me wonder :)

Greetings and have a nice holiday.

Jaap

1 comment
2 |3000

@jlaaij Good point that, Victron are trying to sell lots of Multi's. Im not aware of any new units but you never know....

0 Likes 0 ·