question

tharayman avatar image
tharayman asked

Multiplus never goes from float to bulk

So my 1. gen multiplus nebver goes from float to bulk by itself. I have to force it by turning it off and on. It will literaly stay in float all until mye lifep04 batteries are all drained.

I hope someone can shed some light on this situation.

img-1204.jpeg

img-1205.jpeg

float
img-1204.jpeg (5.1 MiB)
img-1205.jpeg (4.8 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Tharayman

A couple of notes.

Update the firmware if you can on the inverter. 1st gen can update depending on what chip it has. What it's the chip number?

Second on the new firmware there is a check box for lithium.

What is the input current limit you have on the system?

Do you have solar? Are you running the ESS assistant?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tharayman avatar image tharayman commented ·
Inpout current limit is 13,2 atm.

No solar, only shore power.
Chip number might be; 1912125.HEX

0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·
The reason for the suggestion for new firmware is because lithium option will restart bulk charging when the battery voltage falls 0.4V below the float voltage. The value for lead acid which you are using is much higher, maybe 2.6V but not 100% sure. This is why it never goes back into bulk. Rebulk voltage offsets are quoted for a 24V system.
0 Likes 0 ·
tharayman avatar image tharayman pwfarnell commented ·
I have read the cutoff voltage should be 0.6V. But that is clearly not the case for my unit :) I do not dare to try a firmware update. It was supposed to be very risky.
0 Likes 0 ·
tharayman avatar image
tharayman answered ·

I have been told by the Norwegian Victron importer that I should not attempt to update firmware as it will give very little added functionality, and a substantial risk of bricking the unit.

My unit does not support assistants.

img-7917.jpegimg-8099.jpeg

img-8099.jpeg (3.2 MiB)
img-7917.jpeg (2.7 MiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic