question

btamas avatar image
btamas asked

Isolation transformer fuse trips

Hi, I have a Victron 3600W 230V isolation transformer. It is the old model with 2 fuses on the faceplate. If I do the math, it should handle 16Amps. And yes, the fuses are clearly labelled accordingly.

Unfortunately the fuse near the centreline always trips at around 8A load. It works fine up to 8 amps, even for long periods of time.

I also noticed that I can't hear any fan noise during operation. True, the housing is only barely noticeably lukewarm.

What is your opinion: could the fault be caused by a broken fan and consequent overheating ? Should I always hear the fan noise during operation? Or is it more likely that the fuse could be defective? Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

(I bought the boat a year ago, and it has been happening ever since, but only now in winter it has become a nuisance. I'm going back to the boat in a month to have the transformer checked, in the meantime I'm gathering ideas on where to look for the fault.)

Thanks for your inputs,

Tamás

Isolation Tranformer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic