question

devstephen avatar image
devstephen asked

Using Bluetooth to read direct values

Hello everyone!!

Does VE offer an API or a method to via Bluetooth read direct values outside of the app, for example, to store current data into MySQL or a CSV etc?

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
zandr avatar image
zandr answered ·

Victron has in the past said that they would not publish the Bluetooth API as it's a moving target, and would require direct support from developers.

IMO, the world has moved on a bit since then, and GATT servers are pretty well understood at this point. I haven't spent any time on it since I was able to get the data I needed over the serial interface, but since I now have a BMS with bluetooth (and no UART), I'm motivated to start poking at it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

devstephen avatar image
devstephen answered ·

Ahh, Yes, I have no problem with reading UART data, I just figured this would be encrypted, do you know of any good GIT projects that parse the serial data from VE devices and is most of the data that comes out from MTTP these days standard in terms of format and schema?

Thanks BTW!

1 comment
2 |3000

zandr avatar image zandr commented ·

Hook up to the serial port, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. The default configuration of my MPPT 75/15 was to emit human-readable and easy to parse data on the serial port. But if you want the full protocol, start here:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vedirect_protocol:faq

1 Like 1 ·