question

josecokem avatar image
josecokem asked

Minimum 48V battery size

I have order a huge battery bank for my multiplus II 3000 48v but delivery is going to last some months. Is possible to use meanwhile the multiplus II with some cheap bike 48v lithium cells? What are the minimum ah? No solar mppt here, just want to load the cerbo and the multiplus II to have access to the consumptions statics in the phone just meanwhile cells arrive. Is any problem with that?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@josecokem

It is more minimum discharge current that must be met.

3000va (never mind an overload) is 63A nominal.

And even then inrush needs to be considered. Capacitor Banks can be damaged so best to wait and do it right.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

josecokem avatar image josecokem commented ·
thank you for your reply , I am ON GRID, does makes any difference?
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ josecokem commented ·
No you need that as the minimum. Gotta be able to saturate the transformer and charge capacitors.
1 Like 1 ·
1234enough avatar image
1234enough answered ·

You can limit the wattage the MP will draw, plus limit the charge rate, if you really need to test.

But as above, MP may surge beyond battery capacity, I'd defo use a precharge of some description if you try and fuse to battery max discharge rating.

2 |3000