question

van-solar avatar image
van-solar asked

Setup: Mppt 100/15 ,24v panel, 12v agm battery. Issue: Battery spike to 16.2v

Hello everyone!,

I see a spike to 16.2v and back down to 13.5v with a brand new setup. Equalization is turned off.

My battery has a 13.2v reading disconnected. Currently all loads are connected to the controller load output.

This voltage spike is visible on a digital Voltmeter in the circuit but is not logged on Victron Connect.

Any suggestions?

I don't want to damage anything!!

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

You most likely have a poor/loose connection somewhere, as a first step I would recommend to go over all wiring, terminals and connections - fix anything that could be causing this. Also be careful with cheap DC circuit breakers that you can buy online, your normally better with a simple fuse.

Realistically the battery can not increase that much in voltage in an instant, even if charging with full power.

It could even be your multi-meter and not having a good connection when you probe or clip it on.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.