question

gerald67 avatar image
gerald67 asked

Multiplus 2 5000 Power restriction with grid

Why do Multiplus 2 5000 (3 of this) have an output power restriction of approx. 3500W when mains is on, more power would be taken from grid. The reason must be an update last year because before this each delivered 4500W min. - is there a solution? older SW?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Gerald67

Is this 3500 on each phase? From the grid or from the inverters?

Yes the new GX firmware has a bunch of features such as peak shaving etc. You should have copies of FW from when the system was installed. Barring that you have to wade through your settings and set it up there. On Victron professional there should be some slightly older FW versions but not very far back.

One of the reasons why firmware updates are not recommended if the system is working is this exact thing.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gerald67 avatar image
gerald67 answered ·

Hello, thanks for aswer; if the 3 multiplus have connection to grid, they limit the converter power to 3500w each, if more is neccessary, Multiplus takes this from grid (if only one needs more than 3500, only the one takes power from grid). I installed that in 2021 and I have sreenshots with more than 4300 each at the beginning; I had to renew Cerbo in 2022 and after that I recogniced that change but I cant remember if we did an update of the Multiplus during change of Cerbo. I have no copies of older FW...

2 |3000