question

Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK asked

BlueSolar 100/20 48v Error code: #2 - Battery voltage too high - how to reset?

I have recently added a BlueSolar 100/20 to my 48v 5kvs Multiplus II GX system but I keep getting an alarm, Error code: #2 - Battery voltage too high.

The MPPT is connected via the VE Direct to the Multiplus II GX. The battery voltage was at 49.2v when I turned on the MPPT (assuming this should have set the MPPT for a 48v system under auto detect), DVCC is turned on with the following settings;

• Limit charge current = OFF
  • Limit managed battery charge voltage = ON
  • Maximum charge voltage = 54v
  • SVS - ON
  • STS = ON
  • Temperature sensor = Automatic
  • Used sensor = Multiplus-II on VE.Bus
  • SCS status = ON
  • SCS status = Disabled (External Control)
  • Controlling BMS = 2 signal.

I'm assuming the MPPT has set its self to a 24v system with the alarm is the battery voltage is not too high. The solar array is generating 72v.

I have disconnected the batteries & solar several times to power down the MPPT, to then reconnect everything, battery first. and still get the same alarm. Is there any way to find out what voltage the auto detect has selected, and how to I reset the MPPT to get it to detect the correct 48v nominal voltage?

1701686007273.png

multplus 2 gxmppt overvoltage
1701686007273.png (45.7 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·

Further reading leads me to beleive I need a VE Direct to Bluetooth to allow me to set the voltages. If correct, why did the auto detect not set the system to 48V? I have VE DIrect to USB on order to connect the other MPPT's to the Multiplus GX via a USB hub. I understand this can do the same as the Bluetooth adapter via a PC or laptop but I do not have a laptop which would mean setting up a PC local to the MPPT units which is not ideal. Is there any other way of accessing the MPPT's to set the voltages? VRM (doesn't look possible?) Bluetooth via the Multiplus GX? This is all new to me and there doesn't appear to be any information available on how to troubleshoot over voltage alarm when its not over voltage.

0 Likes 0 ·
mjs500 avatar image mjs500 commented ·

Is your blue solar100/20 mppt used or new if used be for will not auto set up to battery voltage so manual set up only VE direct to usb cable and Victron Connect.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK mjs500 commented ·
@mjs500 They are all working now. They are all new, one of which I did turn on when the batteries were low but the other 2 I turned on with a battery voltage of around 50v but still they defaulted to 24v and wouldn't auto adapt to the 48v now matter how many times reset the power to them. The below solution worked, using VictronConnect that I never knew you could connect to other devices connected to the same GX device. VE direct to MP II GX.
0 Likes 0 ·
mjs500 avatar image mjs500 Jason - UK commented ·
so you got them sorted good
1 Like 1 ·
1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@Jason - UK Remotely configure your devices with Victron Connect.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·
@klim8skeptic Thank you very much! I've never needed to use the VictronConnect App as I have a MP II GX, did everything via VRM & VE Connect and therefore assumed it was for smart devices only. After watching the video, Im so kicking myself for not realising that was an option. I've had my 3 new MPPT's sat doing nothing for 4 days whilst spend hours trying to work out what I was missing. Oh the relief and joy.......
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic