question

andrew-mackenzie-bauer avatar image
andrew-mackenzie-bauer asked

Multiplus 2 setting AUX relay SOC with BYD LVL

Hi Team,

I have a Multiplus 2 installed with a Venus GX and BYD LVL 15.4kwh battery. I am using the programmable relay on the venus to start/stop the generator. I would like to use anther relay to control a load once the batteries are full. I have a two additional programmable relay available to me. One on the MPPT charge controller and one AUX on the Multiplus. The problem I have is that neither the charge controller or the Multiplus can see the state of charge once connected to the BYD battery systems. I have successful used these relays on lead acid systems but can seem to get them to see SOC once connected to the BYD Battery.

Multiplus-IIBYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Andrew MacKenzie-Bauer

You can use the VE bus SOC in the settings.

Since the BYDs reports their SOC to the system through the Venus, it will synchronise with that.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andrew-mackenzie-bauer avatar image andrew-mackenzie-bauer commented ·

Hi Alexandra,

I have just had a look in this Charge Controller and the Multiplus and cannot see any setting to select for VE Bus SOC. Do you need to activate any setting for the Venus to share this or setup any assistance in the Multiplus?

0 Likes 0 ·