question

tempered avatar image
tempered asked

Is Quattro Virtual Switch available to node-red

I have a system with a Quattro and Cerbo GX and was interested in using Node-Red on the Cerbo to stop the Quattro Fan. I noticed that there was a ve.configure assistant capable of setting this using the Aux1 input. I was hoping there was either a way to set in the Quattro Node-Red output node - or potentially using a dbus command.

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Tempered

You can switch the inverter between being on (grid connected) and inverter only (so ignoring grid) in node red.

You can set it on time, SOC, load or anything else you can dream up so much more flexible than Virtual switch.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tempered avatar image tempered commented ·

@Alexandra , I love the Node-Red capabilities. Looking at the available node documentation https://github.com/victronenergy/node-red-contrib-victron/wiki/Available-nodes#inverter-control I don't see anything referencing the Virtual Switch (specifically the fan control) also not in the DBus docs either https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/wiki/dbus. I'm hoping that there is a way to control the Fan using Node-Red and/or control the Virtual Switch.

My goal would be to replicate the Assistant "Silence Fan" in Node-Red.

The virtual switch is documented in the ve.configure manual where it describes:

The VirtualSwitch (VS) is an imaginary on/off switch in the software. The VS is "switched" by the software when certain conditions are met. The conditions which will cause the VS to switch on and off can be configured by the user. This can be done on the extra tab pages:

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ tempered commented ·
Yeah.

With node red you can't replicate the inner programming exactly. You have to find other ways to achieving the same things.

So you can't interface with the virtual switch, but you create a flow that mimics the virtual switch.

The same is true of the fan control. Will look at it tomorrow see if there is a way around it.

0 Likes 0 ·