question

tareq avatar image
tareq asked

BMV-712 for 2 battery banks

Hi Everyone,

I have 2 battery banks on site (15 battery per each) and I need to monitor them through BMV-712.

So I intened to use 2 BMVs for monitoring the both of banks, will this be working well?

P.S. The batteries are connected in parallel.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
theo74 avatar image
theo74 answered ·

If you have 2 physically seperated battery banks, and only one at the time will be used, then 2 BMV's is ok. On the moments you would use both battery banks at the same time, you need to add up each BMV charge or load current value to get the total.

If you have both battery banks always connected in parallel, and if they are always connected and used at the same time, then 1 BMV would be better more easy.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tareq avatar image tareq commented ·
I have connecteed each battery bank to single BMV 712, however, on the VRM, how can both be monitored as on VRM when I choose battery measurements I have to choose one of them?

Kindly advise.

0 Likes 0 ·
tareq avatar image tareq commented ·

Have to opt one of them aslo if I set automatically, it will be one of them not both

screenshot-20231130-181925-samsung-internet.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·