question

lezard31820 avatar image
lezard31820 asked

My multiplus 3kva/48V has all leds on solid

Hello, I have a question for multiplus experts that i couldn't find any clue on Victron community or on the web.

After working fine for 2 weeks after installation my multiplus* stopped working with all led on solid (all 8 leds). No communication with VE.configure possible even if my MK2 interface is detected.

I checked inside the multiplus as much as i could: no component burned, i changed the microprocessor main board with a new one with no success, all mosfets on the big aluminum heat sink are ok, visually everythink looks ok.

I guess that all 8 leds on solid in an error code but no clue given on the Victron manual.

This is the first time i have a problem with multiplus, i have two more multiplus on my system which have been working fine for 9 years.

Thanks for any kindly help the community can provide, i would hate to throw my multiplus in the trash!

* note: it is a used one bought on Le Bon Coin (old microprocessor 1922143)

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @lezard31820,

I’ll see what I can find out about that error code and get it added to the toolkit app.

In general, for an issue like this where there has been a microprocessor replacement I’d be getting in touch with a Victron Repair agent.

0 Likes 0 ·
lezard31820 avatar image lezard31820 Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks Guy for your quick answer. May be i was not clear, there was no microprocessor replacement, i just tried a new communication board (the one with the 8 leds) to check if it was the culprit. At any rate thanks for getting me the 8 solid on leds error code.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
ben avatar image
ben answered ·

I managed to get my Quattro into a state like this (all LEDs, unresponsive) a few times a year, back when I was using it full time.

In my case, there was a VE.Bus cable connecting it to a Venus device. Unplugged that cable instantly un-wedged the Quattro. I never really figured out why, or what the problem was, because it was so intermittent. But on the off chance you haven't tried this, give it a shot!

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lezard31820 avatar image lezard31820 commented ·
There is no VE.bus connected to my multiplus. In you case was the quatro working OK while the leds were unresponsive?
0 Likes 0 ·
ben avatar image ben ♦ lezard31820 commented ·
No, when it was like that with all LEDs, it was not functional. However, the moment the cable was removed, it switched back to... working fine. Weird!
0 Likes 0 ·
lezard31820 avatar image
lezard31820 answered ·

Tool kit App: For the moment the only error code near the one i get is all leds flashing (Bootloader), mine is all leds illuminated solid.

2 |3000