question

ee21 avatar image
ee21 asked

How to best configure BMV 712 SOC params when intentionally not charging to 100% ?

I have a Lithium NMC chemistry battery which is typically considered "full" at 4.2v/cell, I've configured my charging settings so that is goes into absorption at around 4.15v/cell, which is maybe a tad more than 90% full. Right now, I have my BMV set so that it thinks it's full (and I presume then does a sync) at a charged voltage of 4.14/cell (x7= 29v (rounded up)).

Ideally, I would kind of like the BMV to read the realistic SOC, being around 90% at this level, without having to reach the fully charged voltage of 29.4v, which would then mean, as i understand it, that the BMV would never synchronize itself.

Can anyone provide insight as to how I should best set the BMV to accomplish this, or if I even should considering it would never reach 100% soc reading in that case. I am not entirely sure I understand what is accomplished when the BMV performs a "sync", is this something that needs to happen regularly, or as long as the initial calibration is done correctly, will I be okay with a 90% SOC charge ceiling? The BMS modules will not have an issue balancing the cells in this scenario, and have been operating with 4.15v/cell max just fine so far.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ee21 avatar image
ee21 answered ·

Anyone have any advise on this topic?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.