question

tobseb avatar image
tobseb asked

Multiplus II shows (negated) AC-Out instead of AC-In

Hi, I got two ESS systems with only AC-In connected (no AC-Out connected). However, one system shows me for an unknown reason only (negated) values on AC-Out instead of values on AC-In.

This is how it looks like when I charge the battery from the grid for example:

1700391315543.png

Configuration is the same on both systems.

ESS grid power setpoint is not working correctly due to that on that system. Any advice on how I could debug this?

Multiplus-IIESSvebus
1700391315543.png (22.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
tobseb avatar image
tobseb answered ·

Finally managed to fix it myself. For future reference: There is an incidence for AUX current sense ports. It thinks something is plugged in (brand new out of the factory), although nothing is plugged in. Solution: Plug something in and take it out again, done.

In new revisions, the AUX port is no longer used, probably for exactly this reason.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tobseb avatar image
tobseb answered ·

This is what it looks like on the console:

1700391426794.png

1700391426794.png (43.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Tobseb

Since it is a bi directional inverter (meaning it can charge from the AC out), am going to ask if you have wired it the correct way around?

As in is the grid definitely connected to the AC IN block?

2 |3000

tobseb avatar image
tobseb answered ·

@Alexandra Thanks for the response. Yes, it is definitely wired correctly, as you mentioned: Grid = AC In (1). No other AC connections.

I think it is totally weird and also did check exactly this twice.

2 |3000