question

grounchys avatar image
grounchys asked

Ressources for beginner

Hello,

I'm new and looking for resources to make modifications to my GX Touch display. Is there a step by step or anything that could help me to begin with?

Thanks

Not sure - Admin please assign or create
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

HI @Grounchys,

What kind of modifications? In terms of software there's huge amount of info on venus os github wiki tab.

Home · victronenergy/venus Wiki · GitHub

However there's also loads of really good community made projects (some of which are really good base for making your owns modifications/scripts).

I'm sure if you've got a specific modification in mind folk will be able to give you some more detailed examples they've found made by the community.

GX devices run venus os, it's build on embedded linux. If you're familiar with linux you'll have a big head start (enable ssh and start exploring).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

grounchys avatar image grounchys commented ·
Thanks for your answer. I’m looking specifically to change the display on my GX Touch. I’m adding water tank level and many temp sensors and would like to add it on the main page, change color…

0 Likes 0 ·
iand avatar image
iand answered ·
GuiMods will probably do what you want.
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic