question

sparx avatar image
sparx asked

Quattro Config Options for a 2 x 240V 180 degree apart Grid Connection

That’s 240V from L1 to N and from L2 to N, and 480V from L1 to L2.

I have no use for any voltage other than 240V.

For my use what’s the benefit in configuring 2 x quattros in “2 phase 180 degree” mode? Is anything different to just running 2 x stand alone separate single phase systems?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Sparx

Yes you can. And yes you can load each phase individually. With one correction.

Is your grid system supply 3 phases? If it is then 120° is the correct way to set up. Not 180°. The three phases are 120° apart.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sparx avatar image sparx commented ·
Hi Alexandra,
It is definitely 2 phases and definitely 180 degrees apart.

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
mjs500 avatar image mjs500 sparx commented ·

split phases i.e. 2 phase uk

2 phase 180 degree

witch uk or usa grid ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ mjs500 commented ·

@Sparx

As long as you are sure the grid supply phase angle is 180° apart then set up like that.

Running them independently one each phase will require a separate battery bank and GX and can be done as entirely separate systems. (Especially if you want to ESS.)

Configured in the VE bus as one system, means that can share battery and be controlled by one GX.

0 Likes 0 ·
sparx avatar image sparx Alexandra ♦ commented ·
2 phase 180 degree is not uncommon in some rural parts of Australia.

So if it is configured as one system, one battery, one GX etc., would a PowerAssist call by one phase to one Quattro be met by a corresponding increase in charge current to the battery from the non-loaded phase and Quattro?

Would that be essentially a form of load balancing?

Would that and the fact that there is no such thing as a two phase generator be the only operational difference between the two?

0 Likes 0 ·