question

jallis avatar image
jallis asked

Multiplus new sustain mode - how to turn back on?

I have enabled the new wind/solar priority sustain mode on my Multiplus.

After one week on Sustain, battery had dropped to about 70%, as there was hardly any sun the first week.

As expected the multiplus dropped out of Sustain as SOC never reached 100% during the week.

When it dropped out it seemed to stay at float at 90% SOC for several days.

What actions will trigger the Multiplus to go back to Sustain again after this?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
iand avatar image
iand answered ·

AFAIK it doesn't -- I've been asking for this feature to be added but had no response from Victron... :-(

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jallis avatar image
jallis answered ·

A couple of days ago I tried to switch it to charge only and back to "on" again, but that did not change anything.

Yesterday I was aboard and did some maintenance resulting in power-assist getting triggered. Then *suddenly* it started charging to 100%, and *then* it entered Sustain again??

All I did was increase the AC load for a short period...

2 |3000

iand avatar image
iand answered ·

If there are events which restart sustain mode it would be really useful if Victron told us what they are, because the documentation doesn't mention any...

2 comments
2 |3000

jallis avatar image jallis commented ·
Agree. And I also wonder why the default time period is set to 7 days?

I would think a lot of people wouldn't care about the battery staying at 70% for weeks at a time, as long as it does not drop below the minimum voltage set in config?
0 Likes 0 ·
iand avatar image iand jallis commented ·

It would be trivial to make the maximum sustain period before a recharge (7 days now) programmable, also how long it stays in 100% SoC (to equalise cells) before returning to sustain mode. I've asked Victron several times in another thread if this flexibility can be added, but had no comment or reply... :-(

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/241280/request-to-victron-solarwind-priority.html

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

@mvader (Victron Energy) tthias

1 Like 1 ·