question

gav600r avatar image
gav600r asked

Multiplus compact 12/1200/50 red alarm light coming on immediately

Hi,

I have just installed a multiplus 12/1200/50 into our boat, I have connected it up as per the manual. It is connected to 3 x 95AH AGM batteries and a single 100AH start battery, all of which are new. I also have a separate solar input to these batteries providing a charge.

On switching on the multiplus the orange light comes on briefly followed by the green light briefly then there is a click sound and the red alarm light comes on and stays on. There is no output from the inverter to the sockets via the distribution box. I have tried disconnecting both the AC input lead and the AC Output lead and the same thing happens which leads me to believe there may be an internal fault.

The unit is about 3 years old but has not been used before as was originally bought for a project that never happened. I don't yet have any monitoring VE.direct cable or bluetooth system so am unable to update the firmware or see the settings, however the dip switches are all set to their defaults.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Gavin

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hello Sir,

First is to disconnect the AC.
Let the DC (only DC) connected to your Multi.
Then see what happens.

If the RED led still comes on, the units needs to be repaired. This can still be done.

Best regards,
rob

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lejouz avatar image
lejouz answered ·

I have a very similar problem. How did you solve your issue with the Multiplus?

2 |3000

mec avatar image
mec answered ·

I've resolved disconnect the AC and disconnect the inverter for 12 ours...

then the multiplus go away....

2 |3000