question

meyo084 avatar image
meyo084 asked

Release notes firmware v507 MultiPlus II

Hi, anyone found the release notes regarding firmware V507? Thanks..

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

In the firmware change log on the professional site, like it always has been.

November 2023

• Fix noisy/erroneous fan driving for:

• MultiPlus-II 24/3000/70-32 (PMP242305010); HQ2229 Up to and including HQ2337
    • MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 (PMP482305010); HQ2226 Up to and including HQ2339
    • MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-50 (PMP482505010); HQ2225 Up to and including HQ2317

Not all units within those serial number range are affected. To see if a unit is affected, see “202311 – MP-II serial numbers with FAN calibration issue.xlsx”.

For any affected unit, we recommend installing the firmware update. Doing that will significantly reduce the generated noise level. For all other units, there is no need to go through the firmware update process.

On the other hand, there is no harm in installing this firmware version in units which do not exhibit this error. This firmware can be safely installed on all units.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

zain avatar image
zain answered ·

Is anyone having a difficulty in downloading it? i am getting a 404 error

2 |3000

crisg avatar image
crisg answered ·

202311 – MP-II serial numbers with FAN calibration issue.xlsx got also 404

2 |3000

iammotorhomeless avatar image
iammotorhomeless answered ·

If you are doing the upgrade for fan noise

don't bother, mine are still just as loud... have a HQ2241 and a HQ2243

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
There's another thread that I can't find now. There was also a firmware issue on some units which is fixed by the 5.07 release.
0 Likes 0 ·
Craig Chamberlain avatar image
Craig Chamberlain answered ·

I also get a 404 when trying to download the file. My serial number is HQ2226 so I think I'll get the latest FW installed tomorrow and see if it makes any difference. Anyone else tried it on an HQ2226?

FYI, if you link your Victron Professional account to Dropbox then the file is available successfully from Dropbox. I was able to confirm that my serial number is NOT in the list of affected inverters and so FW v507 probably won't improve my fan noise. Not a big deal because I don't find it to be a problem anyway.

1 comment
2 |3000

daniel-feist avatar image daniel-feist commented ·

My three inverters are:
- HQ2237
- HQ2238
- HQ2246
The first two are in the list, the last one isn't.

0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

Note to self don’t update from mobile phone! It ended up not liking the saved config file in the file system on iphone, which could have been a bad day had I not saved the config via the MK3 minuets before.

HQ2301 updated fine straight from the VRM took a while to get over 41% my first update on the live system. So glad I saved it via the MK3

6 comments
2 |3000

Craig Chamberlain avatar image Craig Chamberlain commented ·
Haha, yeah good advice. This is actually one of the few times I use a Windows VM on my Mac. It's just easier to access VRM from the Windows browser, get the config file at the appropriate time in the upgrade cycle (I also had a copy I took on my Mac beforehand), double click the config file to initiate the conversion and then upload it straight back. I wish the VE Configure tool was available natively on the Mac but it's not a very frequent operation so not a big deal.
0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image daza Craig Chamberlain commented ·
lol I’m the same ran on boot camp to Connect to the mk3 to save the file, yes wish it ran on the Mac
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ daza commented ·
Victron Connect runs fine on Mac, haven't had issues updating from one. So does remote veconfigure, I just connect to a remote terminal server to merge files.
1 Like 1 ·
daza avatar image daza nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
@nickdb sounds a bit more involved than the Windows route
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ daza commented ·
Nah, I use a usb-c to usb adapter to attach a mk3, though you can now get them natively with usb-c

Open the app, save config, update.

Viola.

1 Like 1 ·
Craig Chamberlain avatar image Craig Chamberlain nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
I've got a USB-C MK3 interface and I use Victron Connect on my Mac sometimes but it's the file conversion step that requires a Windows machine that breaks the workflow for me. So if I'm going to need a Windows machine for that conversion step then I might as well just use it for the Remote VE Configure flow.
0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Apologies for the 404 error on the link to the affected serial numbers - here is the file while I try and resolve it -

202311 – MP-II serial numbers with FAN calibration issue.xlsx

2 |3000