question

jp-miata avatar image
jp-miata asked

Multiplus II 5kVA - VE.Bus Error: VE.Bus Error 11: Relay test fault - Step 8

Hi, I have a three phase system with 3 Multiplus II 5kVA with 6 Pylontech US5000 and a RS450/200 PV MPPT. The system was installed in May and was running without an problem since a month ago. At this time one of the pylontech batteries had an alarm and couldn't be brought it back to live, the bms always had an alarm. I isolated the battery and send it back to my dealer. After some weeks the one of the three Multiplus II had the following error: VE.Bus Error: VE.Bus Error 11: Relay test fault

I tried to find the failure found some advice at:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:ve.bus_error_codes#error_11_-_relay_test_fault_-_installation_error_or_possibly_relay_failure

Always when I switch on grid power all the Multiplus II makes the clicking noise from the relays as normal, but than the inverter at phase L3 shows an error (different blinking leds). By checking the Cerbo, I found out failure.jpg

out what failure it is.

Now to my question, is there anything else what I can do, beside contacting my dealer?

Thanks for every hint.

Multiplus-II
failure.jpg (341.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@jp_miata

But there is either a hardware fault or wiring issue (and yes they can develop).

You have read the manual. You would have to follow all the steps.

Does it accept grid with no loads? If yes then there is a mismatch I wiring or a fault either in a circuit or an appliance. If no, then it is likely a hardware fault. (Assuming LN an PE are correct)

The end of the troubleshooting says to contact your dealer if you can't find it. So for you it may be the best step if you followed the advice in the article.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jp-miata avatar image jp-miata commented ·
thx for the answer, yes I already tried everything what is written in the manual with no change in the result. The only difference was when I switch L and N then the system didn't tried to connect to the grid anymore, regardless how long I waited.

Before I disturb my dealer I only wanted to know if there is some information what is not mentioned in the manual.

0 Likes 0 ·