question

nickb512 avatar image
nickb512 asked

How to find an instance number or service name

Hi All

Any pointers on how one might go about finding a service name? I’m trying to modify some qml files for the front end and want to display the PV voltage and the AC charger state. The only places I can find these values in dbus are in “com.victronenergy.solarcharger.ttyS7” and similar for the AC charger. But of course that service name is variable and can change (for example the AC charger is powered from the external supply so if I reboot the device with the AC supply disconnected the address changes).

Looking under the constant service names (eg “com.victronenergy.system”) I can find the ServiceMappings but then the keys there contain the instance number which itself can also change. So I can’t use those values to map to the service names.

Any idea how I can reliably get either the instance number or service name for the AC and/or PV charger attached to a system? Note this only needs to return the first charger. In this case we don’t have multiple chargers connected of the same type.

Thanks

Nick

modifications
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.