question

ctsit avatar image
ctsit asked

Differences between a Mutliplus II 5000va and Multi RS Solar 6000va

Hi all,

I plan to purchase a Victron Inverter (big one this time, I already have a multiplus 800va that I intent to use as UPS)

I am between the multiplus ii 5000va with the Smartsolar 250/60 and the Mutli RS Solar 6000va 450/100.

I understand that there are differences between the two but what is really surprising is the weight difference between them:

Mutliplus ii -> 30Kg (4KW actual power)

Mutli RS dual tracker 12.3kg (5.4Kw actual Power)

why such a big weight difference?

Does the Mutli RS have equal build quality as the MutliplusII?

The use case is to have either of the Victron inverters AC coupled to a Fronius inverter (which also has a battery) and at the same time have 1.710 kwp of solar connected directly to the Mutli RS. (or the smartsolar in the case of the multiplus ii)

There will be drawing up to 20amps from the Fronius and supplement either with the additional 1.710kwp or with the connected batteries.

The Victron inverters will be connected to a 10,24 kwh battery bank consisting of 2 48.

The load will be a small Home Office.

Multiplus-IIMulti RS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@ctsit

No transformer in the RS makes it much lighter then the MP2.

Second difference is the AC2 out is not programmable on the RS. But solar does contribute to loads when AC in is present.

Frequency shifting works on both of them.

I have the RS at home. It is more efficient than the MP2 and the fans are quieter. It is robustly built, has, on more than one occasion, had event that would make the engineering team cry/smile (not sure there? I felt sorry for the unit).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hendrikvictronfan avatar image hendrikvictronfan commented ·

@Alexandra you mentioned a higher efficiency than the MP2 - do you have any numbers for me? I would be interested in standby power consumption and charging/inverting efficiency

best regards

0 Likes 0 ·