question

Mark Ellis avatar image
Mark Ellis asked

[solved] Smart Solar 100/50 goes to float early

My system has been operating very nicely now for several years but all of a sudden on the weekend it started dropping out of bulk into Absorption briefly then float but staying on the high absorption voltage, it did this at a very early stage long before the battery was charged. We did have a thunder storm on the weekend however i still get a full voltage reading and if i restart the controller i can get maybe half an hour of low current flow. What can cause this problem any guidance greatly appreciated.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mark Ellis avatar image
Mark Ellis answered ·
Thanks chrispi but the problem is solved it was a faulty breaker replaced it and now functioning again
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chrispi avatar image
chrispi answered ·

well it mybe got a spike from a flash that hit the grid somewhere.

I would totally disconnect it for 30min so that all the capacitor inside completly deplete and then connect it back again and start. if still does that its rendered faulty and open a warranty claim.

If the lighting hitting grid and causing a spike that kill it or it misfunctions due to another reason by coincidence only victron can tell you then after inspection.

2 |3000