question

Marcel avatar image
Marcel asked

Is it possible to use VRM without actually having a Multiplus2?

I wanted to tryout VRM to see what it can do and to see how it all works. So I have installed Venus OS large (V3. 12) on a raspberry pi and it all seems to work. Please note: no actual Multiplus2 installed in my system yet. I do have a ET112 installed as a grid meter and I also have 2 SMA PV inverters connect to the grid. They show up in the remote control and seem to work fine.

Now for the problem: every day the total produced PV amount shown as "solar" in VRM is higher than it realy is. When I check the displays at the PV inverters at the end of the day they shows less in total produced PV.

As a side note: i did connect the PV inverters in the VRM console "settings" at the "ac-in" position. I don't get a yellow PV tile then in the remote console. If I put them on the "ac-out" position I do get a yellow PV tile in the remote console. But in my opinion this is not correct because there is no Multiplus2 and so no "ac-out". To be clear... I'm i have tried every position for the location of th ac PV inverters. With and without GUImods.

So in short: why does VRM always calculates and show to much PV production over a day, and second... can I even use VRM without having a Multiplus2 in my system? Or is this asking for trouble and bad/wrong calculations?

AC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers