question

james09 avatar image
james09 asked

MPPT Charge Controller Error 38

Hello, I have an easy solar 24/3000/70-50 with an additional MPPT 150-35. Unfortunately the inbuild MPPT 150-70 has shutdown and is showing error 38. I am unable to access the remote console (something about IP addresses blocked) but the system is online on the VRM and I have access to VEConfig and have already updated all the firmware. The installation is 9 hours away (!!) and we dont have a good victron technician nearby to assist. Is anyone able to help me remotely fix this problem? Thank you!

MPPT Controllerserror 38
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@James09

If the owner of the system is comfortable, get them to shut down the whole system.

Switch off PV

Switch off inverter

Switch off battery

Wait 3 minutes

Switch on battery

Switch on inverter

Switch on PV

Then you would need to check with Victron connect over the VRM if the mppt has been programmed correctly. As in correct battery voltage etc.

You could try (but this is a long shot) using Victron connect on the VRM tab. (You might have to link them) there is no need for the remote console here. I have recovered an error 38 like this once before.

Reset the mppt to default using VC over the vrm. Update firmware if needed.

Then reprogram.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic