question

kdjuflusd avatar image
kdjuflusd asked

Multiplus 2 AC cable diameter

Dear all,

I plan to install an Victron ESS with the following parameters:

existing situation:

AC-Power-Meter <-> 5x16mm2 <-> Fronius Symo 8.3 (8kWp Photovoltaik) <-> 5x16mm2 <-> House-Distribution

As you can see, the main-cables are all in 5x16mm2 so it's diameter is much enough.

Now I have 2 possibilities:

a) Connect the 3x Multiplus 2 48/5000 parallel to the existing house-wiring - AC-IN can be connected with 5x16mm2 cable - in this case AC-diameter is pretty good, but in case of power-loss the system will also shutdown

b) Connect AC-OUT in parallel to the existing house-wiring with 5x16mm2 (like case above) and connect AC-IN (as a kind of shore-power) with 5x2,5mm2 directly to the AC-Power-Meter (C20 - 4p fuse). In this case, a power-loss would be intercepted and everything would work fine. The NYY 5x2.5 cable is about 10 metres long and already laid in the ground and sealed in the cellar, so it cannot be easily replaced. It would have to be extended by about 10 metres - the extension could be surface-mounted with a new 5x16mm2 (This is not very nice, but practically possible).

Since 5x2.5 cable can be loaded with up to 20A per wire according to the current carrying capacity tables, this design should be feasible in principle (fuse before power-meter 35 A, single-family house as load case).

Is variant b) feasable or should I go with varaint a)? Normally the maximal load of whole house is around 3-6 kW when electric cooker or washing machine is running or around -7,5kW when Fronius is at maximal production and no load is connected. Higher Loadpeaks I never noticed before.

Thanks a lot

ac coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

AC-coupling and the Factor 1.0 rule

AC-coupled PV with Fronius PV Inverters

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic