question

aquabelle avatar image
aquabelle asked

Ethernet or NMEA200 Preferred for Raymarine MFD link?

I can connect my CCGX to a Raymarine AXIOM MFD by ethernet and/or NMEA2000 with equal ease....but should both connection methods be used simultaneously or should I choose just one? Pro's and Con's of each? My CCGX is re-booting frequently when I turn on the MFD so I'm suspecting its processing power is being stretched...but this may be an unrelated issue. First, I'd like to understand whether it is OK or desirable to use both ethernet and N2K connections simulatenously.

Thanks !

marine mfd app
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

From previous experience with NMEA0183 data on Raymarine networks, it is NOT good to have the same data on 2 separate interfaces. stick with one or the other. It took some playing around to get all of the data correctly on the system, and have the data on the chart plotter, auto pilot and the radar. (This was also integrating the data from a 3rd party echo sounder.)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic