question

giampaolo avatar image
giampaolo asked

Any Idea on what is wrong with my system?

After installing a second multiplus 2 in parallel on my system, I encountered some problems. First, by connecting the two inverters via VE bus directly to Cerbo GX, the system goes into error. I therefore had to connect it via the MK3 to USB interface. Very strange, the inverters are working and powering the house and the exteriors but the Remote Console tells me that the inverter is off. Same thing on the VRM portal. remote-console.jpg

Multiplus-II
remote-console.jpg (46.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Al avatar image Al commented ·

@Giampaolo Did you just plug them together? Or did you set them up first the VE.Bus Quick configure tool?

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
giampaolo avatar image
giampaolo answered ·

Problem solved . I changed the UTP cable from multiplus to cerbo and all data are now available.risolto.jpg

risolto.jpg (50.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

giampaolo avatar image
giampaolo answered ·

I have set the system with Quick configure to set the two inverter in parallel and then configured the two inverters.

4 comments
2 |3000

Al avatar image Al commented ·
Are both Multi's connected direct to the Cerbo on their own cables or you linked the VE.Bus ports on them?
0 Likes 0 ·
Al avatar image Al Al commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Al avatar image Al Al commented ·
@Giampaolo Also I assume both Multi's are identical and purchased together from the same batch?
0 Likes 0 ·
giampaolo avatar image giampaolo Al commented ·
I hve linked the multis master and slave with the cable toghetr and then the master via MK3 to cerbo.
0 Likes 0 ·
giampaolo avatar image
giampaolo answered ·
Yes, I have read the manual and followed the Victron online courses. The two multipluses have approximately 10 weeks of difference and are updated to the 506 firmware. From this screen you can see that the system is working.
vrm-details.jpg

vrm-details.jpg (50.4 KiB)
2 |3000

giampaolo avatar image
giampaolo answered ·

I'm going crazy with this . I cant solve the problem.Do you think may be usefull reprogram the unit again , I mean the parallel system?

2 |3000