question

hr342-owner avatar image
hr342-owner asked

MultiPlus Inverter/Charger - Installation

The space for my assembly is very small. Can I also attach the Multiplus to the wall rotated by 90°? I can't find anything about this in the manual.

There is enough space for ventilation in front of the wall.

Multiplus-II
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

info-6 avatar image info-6 commented ·

@hr342-owner

Do mean installed "horizontally" instead of "vertically" attached to the wall?

I believe, this shouldn't be a problem. Mine is mounted flat on the floor (with sufficient ventilation space in front, behind and above) and this works perfectly.

0 Likes 0 ·
hr342-owner avatar image hr342-owner info-6 commented ·

Yes, "horizontally" is the idea. Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Which version of the MultiPlus? With the MultiPlus-II I see no issues from a mechanical standpoint, as the single large toroidal transformer is mounted to the rear of the case and would therefore be unaffected by horizontal-on-a-vertical-surface mounting; there would be a predictable slight reduction in cooling efficiency, but I think that reduction would be so slight as to be negligible.

The original-style MultiPlus, however, I cannot advise mounting horizontally on a vertical surface because it has two large toroidal transformers, one mounted to each side of the case, so if it was mounted in such an orientation then one of the transformers would be hanging from its mount fighting gravity, and in my experience gravity usually wins.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.