question

Juhani Lehtonen avatar image
Juhani Lehtonen asked

Multiplus II 5000 48V How to use a manual toggle to initiate discharging

I have a single phase MPII with Cerbo GX on a residential house. Added 2x420Ah (2x10kWh) LiFePo4 batteries to the system. I have managed to enable ESS to charge on schedule during the cheap night time hours. I am using the battery as a UPS most of the time. My question is based on the assistants. I just cannot find a way to use the Relay 1 or Relay 2 toggle to initiate the Flag to ignore AC1 input. There is many other triggers for the flag to initiate AC1 Ignore, but I need a manual button on the VRM to start using my battery bank on my critical loads. My reasoning is that when the hourly rates on electricity sometimes jumps to very expensive day rates, I want to then activate discharge from the battery and ignore the grid. How can I make it so? What I want is like the Dynamic ESS does, but manully, since I do not have a energy meter and my current setup does not allow me to install one to my mains.

Seems very simple thing to do, but I just cannot find that manual VMR trigger anywhere.

Multiplus-II
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Juhani Lehtonen avatar image Juhani Lehtonen commented ·
Also adding to my reasoning for wanting to use the assistant flag would be the need to reset the said manual switch at a certain SOC(set and forget style). If I were to use the Inverter Only toggle, wouldn't that cut the power for my critical loads when the battery would deplete? That would be bad. I can reset the flag back to NOT ignoring the grid AC based on low SOC. But I cannot trigger the Ignore AC manually with the flag assistant functions. Or is there a way?
0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ Juhani Lehtonen commented ·

Ah, I see, I thought you were looking for full manual control, but you're correct - switching to inverter only would not automatically switch back when your SOC dropped, so not the way to go.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I think a very simple way could be to just adjust the minimum SOC. That can be done at the right side bar at the VRM portal.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Juhani Lehtonen avatar image Juhani Lehtonen commented ·

This worked. Why it didn't before was that my battery has 15S configuration and the setup with EES seems to be based on 16S voltage range by default. I saw a low voltage warning that forced my system to cut off discharge even at my 100% SOC level. Re-adjusting the level to 45V cutoff level solved the situation and now that SOC bar on the side works fine for discharging and also the scheduled charge hours on the ESS. Thanks for the idea.

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Have you enabled "Inverter/Charger Control" in your VRM settings? If so, you can just toggle the MultiPlus to "Inverter only" mode.

controls.png

controls.png (20.8 KiB)
2 |3000