question

boerdi avatar image
boerdi asked

Easy Solar 2 GX and Eremit Battery with SmartShunt discharge batteries despite PV excess available

Hi there,

my name is Robert, i'm from Austria and i'm new to this forum.

My setup so far:

• VictronEnergy Easy Solar II GX.
  • 4680Wp; ~130V
  • 66Ah Eremit batteries - 48V, integrated BMS per 12V block
  • VictronEnergy Smartshunt 500A
  • Greed feed in enabled (limited to 500W)
  • EM540 grid-meter - all-phases compensating

Installation is new - about 4 weeks.

So i observe, that even if there is far enough Power from the panels available, the system tend to discharge the batteries, and adjusts the PV down to 0 Watts - despite full sun.

It does this for - say 10 seconds. After that it increases PV up to full power possible at observed moment, lets say 3000 Watt. This regulation cycles all the time, until sunset.

Why the system discharges the batteries, instead just use PV power?

Has anybody an explanation for that?

Thanks very much, br Robert.

ess discharging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@boerdi

If this is happening at regular intervals (like every 10 minutes), then it is the tracking on the mppt doing it.

And considered normal

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boerdi avatar image
boerdi answered ·

Thanks Alexandra, yes - but im talking about _seconds_. Its going up and down continously.

2 |3000

boerdi avatar image
boerdi answered ·

Thanks @Alexandra, yes - but im talking about _seconds_. Its charging and dischargin on a continous base. See attached video.

2 |3000

boerdi avatar image
boerdi answered ·

Hi there, no ideas anymore... It's a really strange behavoiur, i think. Sunny day, batteries 80% charged, system draws energy from batteries and pv-charger goes to 0. Then after few seconds the system starts to charge again with full pv available... that makes no sense in my eyes.

thinking ...

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic