question

jrgilchrist avatar image
jrgilchrist asked

Is there any way to set up timed battery discharging?

I have a 10KVA Quattro with 3kW DC coupled PV, 10kW AC Coupled PV and 16.8kWh pylontech battery storage. I'm also with Octopus agile here in the UK, so the price for export sometimes goes up to 64ppkWh exported - I want to take advantage of this! I'm after a way to discharge my batteries on demand - preferably using a bit of python to continually monitor the Octopus agile API. Is this timed discharging possible?

ess discharging
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

janieronen avatar image janieronen commented ·
I am doing this manually changing grid set point to negative which works fine. I believe you can also modify this grid set point register in GX if not more feasible way available.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ janieronen commented ·
Use node red to automate it.
2 Likes 2 ·
janieronen avatar image janieronen nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Got it working :) Just waiting credentials for the use API to get spot-prices loaded automatically.

1 Like 1 ·
pdonner avatar image pdonner janieronen commented ·

Did you @JaniEronen manage to get the spot-prices loaded automatically. Which service provider are you referring to?

0 Likes 0 ·
janieronen avatar image janieronen nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
I will load large image and give it try :) Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
pauldeg avatar image
pauldeg answered ·

@nickdb - this is probably a very basic question but is there a way to automate setting charging grid point remotely via a web call? Or do I need to have a local device?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic