question

aquabelle avatar image
aquabelle asked

Turn off Sustain mode when leaving dock?

Sustain mode at the dock and connected to ShorePower works great for my boat. When unplugging ShorePower and heading out for a cruise, should Sustain mode be off? Seems like it still applies the Sustain voltage setting when ShorePower is disconnected, rather than auto -returning to the minimum voltage settings of the standard Multiplus profile?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

If AC input isn't present at the MultiPlus, Sustain doesn't apply anymore in any case, since you're no longer connected to shore; the MultiPlus is now a load, not a charger. Unless you started up your generator when you disconnected from the dock?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

aquabelle avatar image
aquabelle answered ·

Yes, i sometimes do start the genset when leaving the dock. For example, i have a gyro stabilizer which requires genset power, so if I'm going to sea i start the genset at the dock and switch from ShorePower to Ship's Power (genset) via an external transfer switch. This tfr switch isn't connected to the Digital Multi Control.

Could you please explain the implications of your question/my answer? Appreciate your reply.

Tks

1 comment
2 |3000

If you have a GX device, click in the Multiplus and you will find an option to "charge to 100% now". This is good to use when you start the generator.
0 Likes 0 ·