question

motorambler avatar image
motorambler asked

New Victron MPPT 150/60 consistently outperformed by my old Xantrex

Off-grid home with 6 x 350W panels mounted and run 3 panels in series to my old Xantrex 150/60 and 3 panels in series to my new Victron 150/60. I have a 23kW 24V battery bank consisting of 12 x 2V 960AH tubular-plate flooded batteries. Yes, I am currently "under solared" but plan on adding 6-8 panels soon.

Anyway, I am seeing that the Xantrex controller consistently outperform the Victron every single day, and sometimes by as much as 2KW/hr.

Settings are the same on both controllers:

Bulk: 29.7

Abs: 29.7

Float: 28.2

Abs Time: 360 Minutes

Etc.

Both charge controllers are connected directly to the battery bank (no shunt in between).

On the Victron I have tried setting the Absorption to Dynamic or Fixed at 6 hours but it has made no difference. I have also tried with having the 'Tail Current' enabled or disabled -- no difference.

Here's what I typically see (images taken at same time):

xantrex-1.jpeg

victro-1.jpeg

I thought maybe the lower daily kW from the Victron is because I actually run the Xantrex in the recommended 2-Stage No Float setting so today I changed it to 3-Stage (with float) but it has made no difference.

Any ideas?

MPPT Controllers
xantrex-1.jpeg (30.3 KiB)
victro-1.jpeg (70.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers