question

paustin avatar image
paustin asked

[SOLVED] - RV disabled - Looking for assistance. Rig goes dark when disconnected from shore.

Update: We were pulling into the RV's Mfr's location and I asked them to troubleshoot while they were doing some other warranty work. They identified two issues. The power converter did not seem to be working right. They were not 100% certain that this was the issue, but the fan was not spinning as it should so they swapped it out. There were also a couple of fuses that in small boxes that they said did not seem to be correctly grounded. They swapped them out and all is well. Thanks for the response,

Hey all,

We are stuck in Howe, Indiana. My wife and I are full-time RVrs. We are unable to move our RV and we would appreciate any assistance you could provide. I would be happy to pay for any consultation if that helps.

Symptoms

1. When I d/c from the pedestal, my RV goes fully dark. DC is not working at all when disconnected.
  2. When I am connected to the 50amp pedestal, all of the AC works - ACs, refrigerator, etc, all work fine.
  3. When I am connected, the DC 'mostly' works. Lights, fan, furnace controller, etc all do fine. However, when I try to bring in the hydraulic slides or extend the jacks neither works well. Each moves very slowly if at all, perhaps because they are both high-draw?
  4. when I attempt to extend the jacks, or move the slides, the color controller spontaneously reboots

I have a full Victron system, installed 3 or 4 years ago. I have a Multiplus 12/3000/120-50. a SmartSolar HQ1810KH4, a BMV-712, a Color Controller, and two 300ah LiOn batteries.

I would appreciate any assistance at all.

Thanks!

Pete & Maryellen

Text me at 240 605 6939 (I have very bad cell reception here)

Or call/text my wife at 240 605 1772

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

With shore power disconnected, check DC voltages, starting at the batteries. You have a disconnect somewhere. Possibly the bms in the batteries are in disconnect, or a main fuse or disconnect between the batteries and the DC distribution panel/bus bars etc.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.