question

biozor avatar image
biozor asked

Is load output voltage 12V regulated on SmartSolar 75/15 ?

Hi! I have to light my garden (for 4 hours when night is comming) on several 12V LEDs. I use SmartSolar 75/15 with Victron Energy battery and 1 100W solar panel. Is the LOAD output voltage can support 12V LEDs ? Is it a real 12V regulated output or is it direct battery voltage ? I don't want to damage my 12V LEDs... Thanx

smart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It is not regulated. It is the same as the battery Voltage.
However, I'd be surprised if your LED lamps were to be damaged by the slightly higher Voltage range that the battery produces.
The 12V rating on lamps is usually a nominal Voltage rating. They are telling you they are 12V instead of 24V for example.
Also, if your battery was actually at 12V it's be at a pretty low state of charge.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

biozor avatar image
biozor answered ·

OK @WKirby ! I hope cheap LED ligths that I have are 14V tolerant :)

I saw LED light that can be powered in 12V et 24V. It should work better.

Thanks!

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

I have added a IN5408 diode in series with my 12v strip leds. That drops the voltage by 0.6v, and the leds run cooler and at a lower current.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic