question

jonathan-drewes avatar image
jonathan-drewes asked

Max passthru power output is what?

What is the maximum passthru power output to loads available?

The inverter section is given below, but when loads are from the grid directly, can I get 50A out at 120VAC, independent of temp?

If the answer is 3000VA (at 25C) then, is the output still derated by temp even though there is no power dissipation within the Multi when on grid?

1695994234546.png

Multiplus-II
1695994234546.png (107.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @Jonathan Drewes

I believe the grid pass through is just passed through so shouldn't vary with temperature at least not as those figures do. (However happy for someone to correct me there).

I think page 14 of the manual gives you a bit more useful detail on this:

But you can pass through more than 3kva. I believe the 3kva is just the inverter power not the amount passed through. So the 3kva might reduce with temp but I'm not aware of a reason why the 50a from grid would change?

At least that's how I've understood the below snip:

MultiPlus-II 120V (victronenergy.com)

"With its PowerAssist feature the MultiPlus-II can add up to 3 kVA (that is 3000 / 120 = 25 A) to the output during periods of peak power requirement. Together with a maximum input current of 50 A this means that the output can supply up to 50 + 25 = 75 A. On the 48/3000/35-50 unit, AC-out-1 is limited to 50A. An UL 943 compliant residual current circuit breaker (RCCD) and fuse or circuit breaker rated to support the expected load must be included in series with the output, and cable cross-section must be sized accordingly."

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jonathan-drewes avatar image
jonathan-drewes answered ·

Good find Matt.

So, 50A to the loads when using grid on my 48/3000/35-50 for AC-out-1.

Anyone out there disagree?

2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Jonathan Drewes

The 50A transfer is the size of the transfer switch internally. It is designed so that full grid charging and the full inverter load can be run at the same time.

Yes it will transfer/pass through 50A. But if you need to charge batteries for what ever reason, and you have a 50A load then you cant do both.

Second thought here.

Put the extra load on AC2, since you really don't want the inverter to support it if for any reason there is grid disconnect. That is an immediate 100% overload and will eat your battery.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
@Jonathan Drewes There'salso a setting in the multi which can restrict input power. By default it'sset much lower than the maximum.
0 Likes 0 ·